Monday, 25 July 2011

A quiet blogger

So...I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately.  Or to do any uni study.  On top of planning our house renovations, we are hosting a lovely 12 year old Chinese student as part of a school exchange.

Why is this relevant to my ETL401 journey?  Well, you see, the main organiser of the exchange is the TL at my daughter's primary school (actually she is head of the LRC - Learning Resource Centre - apparently it's just not cool to call it the library anymore!).  She has done an amazing job, and has been kind, caring and supportive of not only the students but also us host families as well.  I am still confused about her role as TL, as her role is far from that of a "traditional" TL...well the type that I remember from my school days long ago!

After the frenzy of the student exchange is over, I am hoping to have a chat with this amazing lady, and discover how her role relates to the library.  Hopefully I will learn something new and innovative about teacher librarianship...stay tuned.  I'm off to plan tomorrow night's stir-fry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.